Athletics – Parent Letter
Dear CHS and Kerr Parents,
As you may have heard recently, the UIL announced that we will be allowed to begin workouts again starting June 8th. This is great news for everyone. With that being said, strict rules and guidelines have been put into place to ensure our student-athletes’ safety. Our coaching staff will follow these guidelines to the letter. I feel it is important that we communicate our game plan with you ahead of time. The following points highlight what you need to know:
Strength & Conditioning: summer dates
GIRLS- The girls are using a phone app (performance course) for their workouts this summer. Email Coach Robinson at email@example.com if you have not already received the information.
BOYS- The boys can register one of two ways…either online or use the form I have attached to this email. WE ASK THAT YOU REGISTER ONLINE IF POSSIBLE. The link to sign up online is https://burlesonisd.revtrak.net/chs-summer-athletic-camp/#/list
- The registration fee is $75. If money is tight, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will waive the fee. I know these times are tough. As always, we will NEVER turn anyone away due to money.
- WATER BOTTLE- Our water fountains will be turned off. If your son needs to have his water bottle re-filled, we will have a trainer do this for him. Anyone who forgets a water bottle will use cups of water filled by our trainers and they will be thrown away immediately.
- Transportation to and from the workouts.
- Wear workout clothes and shoes (no flip flops). The boys are not going to be allowed to use the locker rooms so they must come dressed and leave in the same clothes.
- Athletes are not to bring any outside equipment such as balls to the school. The reason for this is we must sanitize all equipment. We will provide everything needed.
- We strongly recommend that athletes wear gloves. The gloves don’t even need to be athletic gloves. The kids can use just about any kind of glove to lift in. I will send out a link in the next couple of days in which you can order athletic gloves if you like. In addition, we will have a limited number of gloves on hand for those that do not have any. The most important thing is the kids write their names on their gloves and they NEVER share them!
Ensuring Safety and Health
- At the start of each week we will screen the athletes. Parent/Students will fill the screening form out each Sunday after 3:00 p.m. The link for this is https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tagSqkTX8QGDCZM1JNvGCNr5rVIc2VXpZy3Ki41QN84/edit
- Athletes will be put into groups which will allow us to keep track of them.
- We will strictly enforce proper spacing throughout the workouts and clean with vigor and gusto!
- Athletes are not to share any water or food.
I hope this information in helpful. Please email me at email@example.com with questions. I will be sending additional information in the days to come!